- The Children’s Advocacy Center of the Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit has decided to cancel Casino Night Friday, May 13 and Rally In the Valley Motorcycle Ride Saturday, May 14.
- The Battle for Christ competition has been rescheduled for Friday night, May 20, beginning at 6 p.m. at The Colonnade. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Children's Advocacy Center as originally scheduled.
The Phil Keaggy Benefit Concert will be held at a date to be confirmed later, and the emphasis for this event will probably be expanded to include a contribution to a tornado relief efforts for northwest Georgia.
- Girls' Night Out event put on by downtown Ringgold businesses was scheduled for May 5. It has been canceled so the extra traffic will not impede cleanup.
- Catoosa County Public Schools Board of Education meeting has been rescheduled. The meeting will be held May 10 at 7 p.m. at Graysville Elementary School.
- The Walker County Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament scheduled for May 12 has been postponed to Thursday, May 26. The golf tournament will remain at the LaFayette Golf Course.
- The Walker County Tax Commissioner has decided to postpone the May 3 Tax Sale until the July 5 Tax Sale.
- The Kiwanis Club of Fort Oglethorpe’s Distinguished Service Awards Luncheon, scheduled for Wednesday, May 25 at the Walker County Civic Center, has been postponed. The 2011 honorees are Rossville Mayor Johnny Baker, Ringgold Mayor Joe Barger and the late Mayor of Fort Oglethorpe Ronnie Cobb. The date for the rescheduled luncheon will be announced once confirmed with the honorees.